What is a dental exam?
A dental exam is one of the most basic steps in improving your oral health and maintaining a healthy smile. During an examination, our knowledgeable dentist and dental team will thoroughly examine and evaluate your smile to better understand your oral health and your dental needs. We encourage you to visit us at [practice_name] every six months for a dental exam; this ensures that we detect any dental problems or diseases as soon as possible so that we can provide timely, effective treatment. Your dental exam in [city], [state] will include:
- An examination of your teeth, checking for signs of tooth decay or other damage
- A periodontal evaluation to check for periodontal disease (gum disease)
- An oral cancer screening
- An occlusal (bite) evaluation
- A check of your existing restorations to evaluate the need for repairs or maintenance
- A complete series of X-rays
- A TMJ (temporomandibular joint) evaluation
We will perform a full dental examination during your first visit and at each following checkup at our office. If we notice any dental problems that require treatment, we will recommend the appropriate dental treatment. Dr. [doctor_name] is committed to helping you maintain good oral health, and [heshe] believes that thorough examinations and accurate diagnoses are essential to providing you with effective dental treatment. To learn more about dental examination and diagnostics, and to schedule your next appointment, we welcome you to call or visit our dental office today.